Saturday, October 5, 2013

First Email!

We received our first email from Tyson on Friday, September 13th.  While he was in the MTC, Friday was his P-Day.  It was so great to hear he was loving it!

Hey Mom! 
This is the coolest experience ever! I love the MTC! The spirit is here so much and I am loving every single second that I'm here. The classes are amazing, I love the way they express the gospel! I am having so much fun. I have so much to tell you, but I don't have a lot of time to express my feelings. I love all of you. I miss all of you so much, but I know that I'm supposed to be here. They take such good care of us. They feed us really well, the food is really good. I thought that they would have more options, but they certainly have a ton of food and usually I find something to eat. They also have an endless supply of drinks. I love all the people around me. They want to share the gospel. They all want the spirit and they want others to be happy. I love the happiness that I feel while I'm here. The other Missionaries are so nice to us, they want to help and they make you feel welcome. They seem like older Missionaries, but they've only been here for 1 week! They say that we will be in the same position as them when we hit Wednesday! Crazy huh? I have already learned so much from the classes. The best part about all the classes is the fact that there are only 8 of us. Elder Snow is my companion and he is awesome! He is a pretty big strong guy, but he cares a lot about others. So, my class is, Elder Snow and I, then Elder Godfrey with Elder Wilkinson, Sister Rokovitz with Sister Even, and Sister Leavens with Sister West. They are my district. I love them all! They want the gospel in their lives and they want to share is with everyone! I love the small class size because it helps us concentrate and feel the spirit as a "Family". Elder Godfrey and Elder Wilkinson room with us. It is the perfect size room for 4 Elders. We have enough room, our own closet, and we get along. The room isn't too big, but it isn't too small. We don't have a lot of free time, our schedule is busy! I wish we had more time to prepare lessons or just to sit down and reflect. I want to write a personal letter to everyone, but I just can't. I will tell you more about my experiences in another email. This is an amazing place. These Missionaries are serving the Lord with their heart and Heavenly Father is proud of them. I know that he is proud of them. I love and miss all of you! I hope you know that even though I won't be able to write you a long letter, I still love you and care about you! Never think that I forgot you and never feel that you guys come last! I want to be doing a million things at once, but I can't. I'll write to you guys when I can! I'm still figuring out the time that I can write to you. I love you!
     -Elder Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment