Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Leaving Marion.....

March 10, 2014

Hey Friends and Family!!
It's been a crazy week, but I've loved every minute of it. Especially with Transfers. Haha. I'm moving to Green Hills, TN!! I'm super excited. My new companion will be Elder Harris. I've never met him before, but I look forward or serving with him. It's sad to leave Elder Roney and it's sad to leave Marion, but I know he will do a great job and I know the area of Marion will really move forward. It's been a fun couple months. I'm so grateful that I had so much support from the amazing Princeton Branch. I took lots of pictures with them yesterday and said my goodbyes. I've really come to love each and everyone of them. I'm so excited for the progress their making and I'm so blessed to be apart of moving the work forward. I wish them the best. I would love to come back and see all the progress. I know that I would be blown away!! Anyways, can't explain too much about this week cause I've been slacking on writing to you guys personally and writing letters, so I'll just talk about the main people we visited.

Tim & Trudy: The first converts in the Marion area. I love them to death. They have made so much progress in the Church. They are learning more and more each day and they know that it's true. They're meeting more and more people in the Branch. They love it. Hopefully Elder Roney & Elder Openshaw baptize their son Matt soon. I can't wait to come back in a year and go through the Temple with them!! I'm not sure if I can, but I would love it if I could!!

Bill: We have made a lot of progress with him and he still has such a strong testimony of the Gospel. We love him. He is so kind. We have helped him overcome some fears and he is really progressing. He just got a car, so now he should come to Church pretty regularly. His health isn't that great, but it's slowly getting better.

Seldon: We always have really powerful lessons with him, but he won't pray to know if it's true. He has said to us that he will pray one day, but it's just scared right now. Hopefully Elder Roney can help him understand that this Church is true. Hopefully he prays soon. We love him!

Dylan: Dylan is an awesome guy. He is 18 and lives with his parents. He is very knowledgeable about the Bible and he really finds the Book of Mormon interesting. We have been talking to him about the importance of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. So far he is reading a little bit and likes it. He loves having us over and we love coming over.
This is only 5 out of about 10 main people we are teaching. We love  each and everyone of them. Each one is progressing at their own pace.  Besides the 10 main people, we have a bunch of potentials and a couple  of Less-Active Members we're meeting with. I love it! So many people.  So many wonderful experiences. I wish you could be here with me. I  wish you could experience everything I'm going through. I know that  you would love it! Talking about Jesus Christ is one of the greatest  things anyone could do. I'm having so much fun. I'm learning more than  I ever thought possible. Thank you for all that you've done. Your  support means the world to me. Keep the letters/ emails coming. I'm  doing my best to respond. I love you guys. I miss you. Have a great  week!!

-Love Elder Cottam

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment