Wednesday, March 26, 2014

First week in the Green Hills area.

March 17, 2014
Hey Family & Friends!!
Oh man this week has probably been one of the craziest weeks of my mission! I'm settled into the Green Hills area now and it is completely different than Marion, Kentucky! Haha that's for sure! My new companion Elder Harris is also completely different than I've ever had. He is 19, from Hawaii, and he is Samoan. He isn't a big guy though.

I'm in a normal ward now and it's so weird when you come from a small branch. Haha. I love the members though! They are so nice! Hopefully we can establish an awesome friendship with them so that we can have them help us out. We have so many Doctors, Lawyers, Dentists, Professors and overall millionaires. We also have those who are really struggling financially. They explained it to me by saying, "We have the richest of the rich and the poorest of the poor". Any members that feed us in Brentwood are pretty rich. Their houses are insane!! We had dinner with the Clark Family yesterday... Wow! Their house is ridiculous! Even Sis Clark says that it's pretty insane. Haha. They are some of the nicest people and super funny! I was telling Sis Clark that I would have to bring my parents to their house and she said, "Oh for sure!! They can even stay over if they want!! We will totally party with you guys!!" Bro Clark is an Oral Surgeon. They are awesome!

This area is going to be a lot of work! The missionaries in the past haven't done too great of a job, but we are hoping to change that! We are mainly focusing on the members right now.

Thanks for all you guys do!! I love and miss you guys!! I hope you have a fantastic week!

-Love Elder Cottam

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment